Center for Creative Training (CCT) is established with the aim to work for a quality change in the field of education and training – a change towards more practical education which effectively develops key competencies and helps learners to enhance their potential for successful professional and social realization. It is active in both formal and non-formal education.
CCT activities are focused on lifelong learning, stressing on youth activities and teacher trainings (ICT, pedagogical and soft-skills), as well as on introducing a holistic approach in the general education: an approach that addresses together the physical, mental and social aspects of the learner’s personality. CCT operates with team of 15 trainers and 7 administrative staff, with headquarters in Sofia, Bulgaria. CCT provides trainings on site in most of the country regions.
CCT develops and hosts activities all-year-round, working in 3 to 10 day programs for students aged 8-17, with special focus on nature sciences, technologies and teamwork. CCT operates the biggest non-formal network of schools in Bulgaria, with over 250 active partner schools, offering wide dissemination and implementation field for new initiatives. The CCT expert team provides teacher trainings in alternative and interactive implementation of technologies in the classroom and out-of-school activities.
The organization actively supports schools in their participation in the National Programme "ICT in education", where CCT assists schools to define, choose, get and use the most suitable ICT equipment for their needs. CCT is hosting also teacher trainings inside schools, on-site to train the pedagogical and administrative staff in best use and application of the new equipment.
CCT actively participates in programs, funded by Lifelong Learning programme and Erasum+, officially partnering with the Ministry of Education in Bulgaria, the Municipalities of Sofia and Sevlievo, the Regional Inspectorates of Sofia-City, Silistra and Smolyan.
Under those projects CCT acquired know-how of knowledge management, process and human resource management, also got expertise in application of measures, contributing to the implementation of the National Strategy for Lifelong Learning (BG), the Strategy for ICT in Education (BG), the Framework for key-competencies for Lifelong Learning and ET2020.
Since 2011 CCT is hosting training sessions based on know-how developed under LLP projects, and makes it widely available across Bulgaria.
Some of the in-service teacher trainings are:
- Development of Key Competences in natural scinece subjects trough Teamwork, Training and Technology (training prepared in the frames of the project 504605-LLP-1-2009-1-BG-COMENIUS-CMP - KeyTTT)
- Sustaining development in pre-school and early school education (developed under 518321-LLP-2011-TR-COMENIUS-CMP - Sustainig Development in Early School Education-SUSTAIN)
- Creating Multimedia presentation using on-line tools
- Practical use of interactive whiteboards in classrooms and connecting classrooms trough interactive whiteboards
- Technologically supported education (the course steps on the findings of 167225-LLP-1-2009-1-BG-KA1-KA1ECETA - ICT Action Plan for National Lifelong Learning, partnering the Ministry of Education and Science, BG)